JIEP CODE OF ETHICS
* Practice my profession only to the extent of my expertise.
* Hold in strict confidence, except as required by law, all information concerning the business and affairs of my clients/employers acquired in the course of the professional relationship, and not use this information for personal gain.
* Advise the JIEP of any practice by a member of the Association that I believe to be contrary to this Code of Ethics. Promote excellence in the field of environmental management by supporting high standards of education, employment and performance.
* Maintain proficiency through continuing education and professional development.
* Declare any conflicts of interest.
* Place the health, safety and welfare of all persons, and the reputation of my profession, above any consideration of self-interest, and resolve any conflicts in favour of the public good.
* Act for my clients/employers as a faithful agent or trustee, always independently and with fairness and justice to all parties.
* Remain free of any influence, interest, or relationship that impairs professional judgement, independence, or objectivity, while providing professional services.
* Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
* Not be associated with any report, statement, or representation known to be false and misleading.